Lantmännen Unibake Benelux
As a designer you have to know exactly what you’re doing. You master the details. You commit. What you create has to be pure, smart and surprising. A joy for every day. That’s what makes Swedish design great. And guess what, it works wonders for us too.
We are Lantmännen Unibake, the second largest bakery group in Europe, with 37 industrial bakeries in 18 countries, and authentic Swedish roots. Our Pastridor & Schulstad brands are true quality references. Every day, our 6,000 employees ensure that the world can enjoy our Better Bread, Easy-to-Eat (Fastfood & Savouries) and Sweet Moments categories. We offer high-quality bakery products and innovative solutions, which is how we create value for customers and consumers on a daily basis. That is our passion. Our design method.
Our purpose is to see our breads, cakes and pastries make people feel satisfied and happy in every corner of the world. We aim to reach billions of people of all ages in all countries around the globe. Our ambition is to lead the bakery business with the scale, knowledge and drive to be loved in every country.
To achieve our ambitious growth and long-term vision, we are looking to reinforce our marketing team with an experienced E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Manager.
Lantmännen Unibake is the second largest bakery group in Europe with 37 bakeries in 18 countries across Europe and markets its frozen and fresh bakery products for retail and food service markets in more than 60 markets around the world. The company is part of Lantmännen, an agricultural cooperative and Northern Europe’s leader in agriculture, machinery, bioenergy and food products, which is owned by 25,000 Swedish farmers, has 10,000 employees, operations in over 20 countries and an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Euro.
This strong ownership structure makes it possible for daughter company Lantmännen Unibake to take long term decisions rooted in a constant care for the earth and deep respect for natural resources and raw materials, whilst also providing the solid platform for the growth process that the company has been going through over the last years, both through organic growth and M&A. Realizing a modest € 45 million in 1984, by 1995 the company had tripled in size and doubled again by 2005, only to triple again in size to reach the € 1 billion mark in 2015. The aim for the next few years is to continue on this path of profitable growth through autonomous growth and acquisitions whilst maintaining a solid financial position and to realize a turnover of € 2 billion by 2020.
The company believes in structured entrepreurship, which translates in high autonomy of the country clusters. BeNeFrItEs (Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy and Spain) is one of 6 country clusters, having its head quarters in Londerzeel, Belgium. The BeNeFrItEs cluster has a turnover of around € 150 million, the bulk of which is generated in Belgium (€ 50 mio), Netherlands (€ 30 mio) and intercompany Sales (€ 45 mio), with Spain, France, Italy and Portugal sharing the remainder. There are 3 production sites in the region, all of them situated in Belgium, including a state-of-the-art facility in Londerzeel, which has just gone operational following an investment of € 100 million.
The company is in a change process going from production to market driving organization. An autonomous marketing team has been set up, leaded by the marketing director.
The marketing department has been given the responsibility to lead the business orientation. The team covers category management, product management, channel marketing, customer education and digital marketing.
In order to fulfill its long-term sustainable ambitions the company decided to set up a digital team. The team will take the lead in digital marketing, e-commerce and other digital customer projects.
Therefore, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Marketing and E-commerce manager that is willing to take this challenge and lead the organization towards a leading bakery group. This key role has to be built up from scratch and swiftly lifted to a professional benchmark level. He or she will play a leading role in the marketing department and in the total organization.
- You will be one of the key pillars of our organization and of the change process we are going through, and take up this challenge of change leader.
- You drive the vision, roadmap and execution of the digital marketing transformation, including data science capabilities, digital commerce and digital marketing.
- You craft exceptional digital customer experiences based on a holistic view of the customer journey and customer insights, and assures end-to-end insight into to the business
- You implement a CRM tool and thinking which enables the company to make data driven decisions based on actionable insights
- You set up E-commerce that elevates the customer journey
- You are responsible for the life cycle management of all existing and future digital channels, digital applications and marketing tools.
- You coordinate the digital communication plan in close collaboration with other marketing team members
- You build up and manage the digital marketing team that supports all segments for all digital transformation activities, and ensures that the different digital roles cover the overall digital expertise required to execute the business strategy, such as Inbound & Content marketing, E-Commerce & Digital Platforms, CRM, Digital Campaigns, Marketing technology, Community management
- You build up strong relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Acts as business lead in all digital change towards the IT department
Capabilities & Skills
- You are experienced project and change manager, especially in leading digital transformation of customer proposition including CRM, digital marketing and digital customer solutions
- You have proven track record of successful e-commerce management
- You combine a strategic vision with strong drive towards realization and results
- You put the customer first, having a very strong feeling of Customer’s needs and behaviors
- You have a good understanding of Marketing and marketing program logic and objectives.
- You see opportunities to drive the business through digital first
- You find creative solutions. Innovation drives you.
- You can communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Social media and mobile devices are part of your DNA
- You have strong analytical skills and can deduct insights out of data and translate insights into strategic priorities and actions
- You are a native multi-tasker and strong team player and can work in close partnership with IT
- You are fascinated by the digital world in all its aspects and are able to inspire others.
- Affinity with food, and especially with bread and pastries
- Fluent, in English, Dutch, French, both in speaking and writing.
- The role requires a master degree or the equivalent within marketing, economics or
- Has minimum 5 years of experience in progressive marketing functions
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Experience in a B2B context, ideally complemented with B2C
What we offer:
- A pioneering role in a changing and growing company with a vision to become a global leader in its industry.
- Making a difference and contributing significantly to something greater than yourself
- Work in an international, entrepreneurial environment
- Future career development to senior roles both local or international
- A competitive remuneration package, including company car