Quality Assurance manager Brussel
Lantmännen Unibake Benelux
At Lantmännen Unibake, we believe in the little things to secure the high quality and consumer appeal of our bread and pastry products. Our attention to detail is one of the reasons why we rank among the leading international bakery companies.
Towards billions of smiling tummies
From 37 bakeries all over the world, we deliver our broad portfolio of frozen and fresh bakery products to retailers, wholesalers and the food service industry – sharing our bake-off expertise so customers can serve our products at their best.
Our vision is to lead the bakery business with the scale, knowledge and drive to be loved in every country.
Quality Assurance Manager
Mission and purpose:
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for execution of the quality strategy to support the company strategy by the further development, implementation and monitoring of a consistent quality system within Lantmännen Unibake Brussel.
Mean tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinating, developing, challenging and continuously improve the existing quality system in collaboration with the local operational management and in line with the group quality management, legislation and certification demands.
- Enhance GMP practices and develop the systems and procedures necessary to comply with the applicable quality standards, such as BRC, IFS and customer standards. Implement and follow up on the 5S method.
- Optimizing customer satisfaction, by translating customer requirements on product quality and food safety into the quality management system.
- Responsible for drawing up and keeping quality procedures and regulations up to date.
- Highlight quality improvement areas to management and assists management in implementing the improvements. Responsible for on-going improvements to the methods and processes used by the quality department.
- Quality control mission: oversee control activities during the production, the release of raw materials and critical items, the release of batches of finished products. Manage the production deviations using the systematic problem solving tools, such as 8D and 5 why and secure the measuring devices are reliable.
- Set quality objectives for the organization and monitor progress and escalate when needed. You report the necessary data for the Quality Performance Indicators. You provide follow-up KPIs and reporting tools.
- Ensure that top quality and food-safe products are always produced and delivered.
- Ensure correct analysis and follow-up of complaints and customer requirements linked to product quality and food safety and the associated actions and reports. You analyze quality issues with customers and suppliers and are responsible for the design and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions.
- You support the various departments through consultation, advice, training and initiate and supervise improvement actions.
- Lead, inspire and develop the quality department including the hygiene group.
- Be responsible for and organize the audits required by the company and our customers.
- You maintain a strong quality and food safety culture through regular communication and awareness raising initiatives.
- You are a member of the site management team with a direct reporting line to the site manager and a functional reporting line to the corporate quality manager.
- You have a Master degree in engineering sciences (civil, industrial, bio-engineering) and can look back on at least 5 years of experience in an industrial production environment.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the quality and hygiene requirements in the food industry.
- You are an analytical, communicative team player. You know how to motivate and encourage people to work in a qualitative way.
- You can deal easily with various stakeholders at all levels within the organization and who is creative.
- You are familiar with traditional PC tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and you have affinity for new software systems.
- In addition to your fluent knowledge of Dutch and English, a good knowledge of French is an added value.
Lantmännen Unibake Belgium invests in people. You end up in a professional environment with clear ambitions. Lantmännen Unibake Belgium offers you responsibilities and space to think along and develop personally. Naturally, a competitive salary package will be supplemented with extra-legal benefits.
Jan De Winne